We took some walks around different points of the falls and also took a boat ride that takes you right up next to them. We got SOAKED so it reminded me of a water ride...except it's real life.
We were there for a full weekend, which some say is too long there, but it actually worked out great because it made our trip super relaxed and gave us time to see the falls and hang out around the hotel.
The other highlight of the past week was today I ran 6K in the Buenos Aires Run for Water, or as they call it Maratón del Agua.
Run for Water is a 6K race in lots of cities around the world that raises money/awareness for places that don't have easy access to clean water. My friend India and I ran the race together and it was so much fun! India had done a bunch of races like this before but this was my first one so it was very exciting for me. There were probably about 8,000 people there so it was a huge event. The running aspect was definitely challenging, but I hardly walked at all and I ended up with a better time than I expected so I'm happy. Here we are before the race looking all official with our numbers.
go you!!!! 6k WOOOO!!
ReplyDeleteWow, congratulations on the run! I'm just catching up with your blog today and am jealous of Kate's trip to see you. Wait, I booked it with my frequent flyer miles, I shouldn't be jealous. :) Right?
ReplyDeleteI cracked up at the "Yanqui Blanca" post. That is classic.